How To Change A Sensing Paddle On A Classifying Tank
Before performing maintenance on a Classifying Tank, be sure to read and follow the installation, operation and maintenance manual. Follow the appropriate lockout/tagout/blockout procedures, and read and follow all safety tags. Failure to do so could result in injury or death.
- Switch off the power to the Classifying Tank and lock the switch in the OFF position to ensure no power can get to the Classifying Tank while changing the sensing paddle.
- Remove the top split cotter pin.
- Raise the paddle.
- Remove the bottom split cotter pin.
- Take the paddle off the rod.
- Insert the top split cotter pin.
- Install the new paddle on the rod, with the ring on the bottom.
- Spread the top split cotter pin.
- Insert the bottom split cotter pin and spread it.