Eagle Iron Works' Log Washers are designed specifically for tough, heavy-duty scrubbing applications. With oversized massive paddles, a long tub and heavy-duty construction, Eagle Log Washers remove tough, insoluble plastic clays.
Log Washers are equipped with replaceable paddles mounted on steel supports that are submerged arc welded to thick, high-grade, one-piece tubular shafts. The high Brinell/abrasion-resistant paddles provide long-lasting protection to the welded paddle spuds by incorporating a wrap-around design. These paddles are heavy section castings with a corrugated surface that rotates stone particles for total surface area scrubbing. Water added to the manifold in the rear of the machine aids in the removal of foreign materials. Soft soluble clays require more water than tough plastic insoluble clays. The tub overflow depth is controlled by side overflow gates. Film and residual matter from the Log Washer’s product discharge can be removed by a rinsing screen.
How Log Washers Work
Log Washers use intermeshing paddles shafts to maximize rock-on-rock scrubbing. The oversized massive paddles with corrugated surfaces force harder sound stones to break down clay and softer, deleterious materials. Material is scrubbed and then conveyed over the machine length to the discharge point, while dissolved clay and other contaminates overflow the weir into a water slurry. Both the size and shape of the material can affect the capacity of a machine. Additionally, changing the slope of the Log Washer can increase or decrease retention time.
Eagle Gear Reducer
- Fabricated steel gear case
- Heavy-duty design with heat-treated helical gears
- 100% of the shaft's thrust lead carried by the output shafts
- Compound drive divides load over multiple gears for long service life
- Oil bath lubrication for maintenance-free operation
- Drive guards standard equipment
- Intermeshing shafts provide maximum rock-on-rock scrubbing
- Features thick-walled, one-piece tubular pipe made from high-grade steel
- Paddle mounting spuds and flanged ends are submerged arc welded
- Feature corrugated face for additional scrubbing capabilities
- "Wrap-around" paddle design protects welded mounting spud
- Massive paddles provide high level of force against soft materials
- Two- and one-piece paddles available on most models
- Fabricated with thick gauge steel by certified welders
- Rising current manifold
- Spherical-roller rear grease bearings
- Flanged overflow gates control the depth of the water in the tub
- Gates feature flanged openings for wastewater chuting
- Flanged cleanout ports for maintenance and winterization purposes
- Discharge chute
- Safety cover
- Pillow block rear bearings
Download the Log Washer Brochure
To learn more about Eagle Iron Works' Log Washers, including sizes and capacities, download the brochure.