Eagle Iron Works' Sol-Clay Washers are very effective in cleaning materials that contain large quantities of stubborn soluble clays, as well as crusher fines and dust.
Sol-Clay Washers are intended to handle medium-duty scrubbing in applications between Coarse Material Washer and Log Washers. Each Eagle Iron Works Sol-Clay Washer is fabricated from thick gauge steel and features spherical roller rear grease bearings. It features a rising current manifold and flanged overflow gates to control the depth of the water in the tub. Flanged cleanout ports are also incorporated into the design for maintenance and winterization purposes. Optional equipment such as discharge chutes, safety covers, and pillow block rear bearings are also removable.
How Sol-Clay Washer Work
Sol-Clay Washers are designed with intermeshing corrugated paddles that run the entire length of each shaft. As the paddles wash and move the material forward, the Sol-Clay Washer achieves particle-on-particle scrubbing. Softer clays are broken down into soluble slurry by the abrading and grinding of the harder rock or ore feed material. Water can be added to the perforated manifold to assist in the flushing of dissolved materials through the side discharge gates. Material from Sol-Clay Washers should be followed by a rinsing screen to remove film and residual matter from the product.
Eagle Gear Reducer
- Designed and built at Eagle facilities
- Heavy-duty design with heat-treated helical gears
- 100% of the shaft's thrust load carried by the output shafts
- Oil bath lubrication for maintenance-free operation
- Drive guards standard equipment
- Intermeshing shafts provide maximum rock-on-rock scrubbing
- High-grade, one-piece, thick-walled steel tubing
- Paddle mounting spuds and flanged ends submerged arc welded
- Replaceable Eagle Armor scrubbing paddles, 600 Brinell hardness
- Corrugated face for additional scrubbing capabilities
- Three-bolt fastening system provides solid connection to mounting spuds
- Fabricated with thick gauge steel
- Rising current manifold
- Spherical-roller rear grease bearings
- Flanged overflow gates control the depth of the water in the tub
- Flanged cleanout ports for maintenance and winterization purposes
- Discharge chute
- Safety cover
- Pillow block rear bearings
Download the Sol-Clay Washer Brochure
To learn more about Eagle Iron Works' Sol-Clay Washers, including sizes and capacities, download the brochure.