How To Change A Mercury Switch On A Classifying Tank
Before performing maintenance on a Classifying Tank, be sure to read and follow the installation, operation and maintenance manual. Follow the appropriate lockout/tagout/blockout procedures, and read and follow all safety tags. Failure to do so could result in injury or death.
- Switch off the power to the Classifying Tank and lock the switch in the OFF position to ensure no power can get to the Classifying Tank while changing the mercury switch.
- Loosen the screw on the cover and remove the cover.
- Remove the mercury switch from the bracket, and unfasten the wires.
- Unscrew the two wires connecting the mercury switch to the terminal block.
- Secure the wires from new mercury switch to the terminal block.
- Place the mercury switch in the bracket, and fasten the wires.
- Replace the cover, and screw it back on.